Jaded by January already?
Fed up with freezing cold weather?
Tired of TV?
Bored with being broke and weary of watching the finances..??
We’ve been planning the perfect (and affordable…) antidote to Post-Christmas Blues – and we think you’re going to love it!
Our fun-filled Motown/Seventies Party Evening at the Guildhall on 14th January could be just what you need, where you can – if the mood takes you – dust down your flares, shake out your mini skirts, get your dancing shoes on and strut your funky stuff…
AND WANT TO KNOW THE BEST THING..??
BY SUPPORTING THE FIRST OF OUR 20TH ANNIVERSARY DMF FUNDRAISERS, YOU’LL BE HELPING TO MAKE 2017 OUR BEST YEAR EVER – AND ALL WHILE YOU’RE HAVING FUN…
Here’s what’s on offer:
- AN EVENING OF GREAT MUSIC: Our crack team of dedicated Music Addicts have spent weeks painstakingly compiling a special disco playlist with hand-picked tracks – all of your old Motown/70s favourite feel-good songs sure to get you moving and grooving from 7.30 until 11.00pm.
- AMERICAN STYLE FOOD: There will be tasty, freshly cooked American Hot Dogs (with vegetarian option) and relishes galore, and – of course – fried onions kindly provided, prepared and cooked by Serin and Simon of Dartmouth Fine Foods – thanks guys!
- FRESH POPCORN: Following on with the American theme, there will be freshly made popcorn – our thanks to Nigel Way for lending us the Royal Castle Hotel’s popcorn maker for the evening.
- MUSIC-LOVERS’ RAFFLE: For just £1 per ticket you can have a chance to win some great prizes:
- A special, one-off framed copy of the original poster from the first Dart Music Festival in 1998
- A copy of the must-have music fans’ book – ‘1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die’ with preface by Tony Visconti.
- A copy of the acclaimed DVD ‘Standing In The Shadows of Motown’ – “A story of triumph and tragedy giving the amazing assemblage of backing musicians who created the sound of Motown a chance to – finally – step out of the shadows and in to the limelight”.
- Oh, and a bottle of bubbles!
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST – LIQUID REFRESHMENT. Our bar will run from 7.30 with a selection of wines, beers and soft drinks and prices that won’t break the bank. We just want you to relax, let your hair down and enjoy yourself.
ALL THIS FOR ONLY £15 TO INCLUDE FOOD – WHAT’S NOT TO LIKE??
Tickets now on sale from No. 11 Victoria Road – buy them separately or bag a table and get together with a party of pals. But hurry – spaces are limited and they’re selling fast.
We look forward to seeing you there.